All babies feed differently, this talk hopes to reassure mothers and families about the wide range of "normal" in breastfeeding. This talk will give mothers an understanding of why their baby likes to feed in a certain pattern and helps boost their confidence with breastfeeding.
This Bupa Parenting Insights talk is given by Katie James, the Education Manager with Medela. Katie is also a Midwife and Lactation Consultant. Katie focuses on the following topics:
- What is the most common reason to stop breastfeeding
- The truth about breastfeeding
- Latest research on 'what's normal'
- Building and maintaining your milk supply
- Colostrum to mature milk
- Baby stomach sizes
- Do boys and girls drink the same volumes per day?
- Night feeding at 1 to 6 months
- Does it get easier?
- Help, my breasts have gone soft
- Wet and dirty nappies to expect once the milk is in
Find out more about Medela here