This talk presented by Midwifery & Maternity Provider Organisation Australia (MMPOA), delves in detail into the experience of parenthood immediately before, during and after childbirth. It covers practical tips and tricks to help care for your newborn.
This Bupa Parenting Insights talk is given by Liz Wilkes, a midwife and CEO at MMPOA. She focuses on the following topics:
- Preparing your key investments - education, equipment and support
- The first hours - skin to skin, feeding, being with your baby
- Sleeping - once you're home, what to expect
- Feeding - what to expect, your supply, feeding patterns
- Nappies - clothes and disposables
- Settling your baby - what you can do
- Wrapping your baby - the different options
- Support networks available
This talk will help you understand how to care for your newborn and what to expect in the first few hours and weeks following the birth of your baby.
This video is great for those who are pregnant, or planning to get pregnant.
Watch the video above or find the video here