Finding the time & energy to work out when you have a baby might sound a bit challenging. But you really don’t need a gym membership, a home running machine or a babysitter in order to exercise.
The last thing you might want to do when you’ve had little sleep & you’ve got a hectic day ahead, is to work out. But exercise actually makes you feel great!
It gives you more energy, releases endorphins, improves health & sleep, & leaves you feeling fit & strong. Here are some tips to get your post-natal fitness & wellbeing regime started and keep it going:
- Start Small : Just do something, it doesn’t matter how tiny. Gradually add more activities or exercise for longer periods of time as you get more fit.
- Celebrate Victories : If you make any kind of progress when you’re getting started make sure you celebrate.
- Find Something You Like : If you hate running or going to the gym don’t make these things part of your fitness journey. Create a new routine for yourself that you will enjoy doing (or at least not hate).
- Try Something New : There are so many ways to exercise. Get out of your comfort zone & challenge yourself to do something new & fun.
- Make a Commitment : Once you find something you like doing figure out how to fit it into your life. If you don’t have time to go to a gym or class after work or during the day with the kids, try a home workout. Put your workouts on your schedule & make a commitment to yourself at least three times a week.
- Know Your Why : I constantly struggle with staying motivated to exercise. I love how I feel after I exercise & when I’m in a routine it comes easy. However, it’s easy to skip a day, then two, and before I know it, my routine becomes a distant memory. Losing weight doesn’t motivate me to exercise. I actually like how I look. So I focus on how exercise makes me feel instead of how it makes me look.
- Get the right gear : Feeling comfortable & supported is key. If you’re breastfeeding and want to invest in your post-natal health & wellbeing, the Omm FIT Classic Crop is the perfect sports crop to wear to the gym, a class, jogging, walking or for home workouts.
Find out more about Omm FIT