Choosing and using car restraints video
Presented by Kid Safe WA
Keeping our children safe is the number one priority for all parents. In this talk, Kidsafe WA cover the important things parents need to know about child car restraints, what needs to be checked and demonstrate fitting a child restraint.
This Bupa Parenting Insights talk is given by Kara Thompson a Child Car Restraint Services Manager at Kidsafe WA. Kara's talk focuses on the following topics:
- Selecting a restraint - age and size
- What is the law - for baby car seats
- Rear wood facing - for how long and why
- 6 months to 4 years of age - in built harness
- 4 to 7 years - booster seats
- What is the law - for front seats
- Australian standards - a legal document that all manufactures have to follow when making a car seat
- Demonstration of adjusting a car seat
Transport related injuries are the leading cause of death for children under 14. This talk will help you understand the importance of choosing the right child care restraint and what the risk factors are if your child isn't restrained in their car seat properly.
This video is invaluable to all parents - no matter what your stage of parenting is.
Watch the video above or find the video here.
Note: The views and advice expressed on this blog post are those of the author and are not representative of the Pregnancy Babies & Children's Expo.